Wednesday 7 February 2018

First fruits

He chose to give birth through the word of truth, that we might be a kind of first-fruits of all he created.                                                    Jas.1.18


Birth leads to life. Birth is the start of life. The believer is born in the word of truth. Jesus is the Word of truth. In Jesus we are born and in Jesus we have life. We live in Him.

Jesus was unique! He existed before all. He was present at creation. Then He brought Himself into that very creation to show us the way. He is the Way. He shows us how to live right with God, how to live right as a child of God.

Jesus is the first fruit of the true way. He calls us to follow Him, and we then join Him as first fruits. May we flourish in the fruit that we bear in Him!

My desire is to live to the fullest the life that I have in Him. I see this life as having started much later than my natural life. This is of no import to me now. I wonder how much time I have left to live out this life on earth. I wonder, but I do not allow myself to settle in that wonder.

I am alive today, and what is important to me is that I live today to the fullest I can in Him. May His truth and His life fill me and lead me. May His life spill out from me! May He touch all whom I meet with His power, His love, His life. I give myself willingly to live the life I have been birthed into in Him.



Lord Jesus,
You are the source of my life and I give myself into that life in You. I see myself journeying through today in company with You. We will meet people. Help me to show them You. Flow from me in power and in love. Bring life in abundance.                Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment