Wednesday 26 July 2017

Anointed

"The Spirit of the Lord is on me 
because he has anointed me 
to preach good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to release to oppressed, 
to proclaim the year of the Lord's favour."          Luke 4.18,19


Jesus declares His anointing. He is anointed by the Spirit of the living God, and He is commissioned for His life's work - preaching the good news of the gospel of salvation to the poor, to all those who need to hear it; proclaiming freedom for prisoners, those locked into bondage and enslavement to unGodly influences; He brings recovery of sight to the blind, and there are many who seem unable to see; He wIll release the oppressed but, I do believe, they need to be willing; He is the positive declaration of the time of the Lord's favour.
And the time is now. All people live in the present. Some may not be able, or willing, to acknowledge this, but the time is now. Today is where I live, and today is the time for me to take hold of my relationship with God and to live it to the full.
There may be people desperate for the healing and release that Jesus, and only Jesus, can bring. Jesus was anointed by God's Holy Spirit to minister to the lost, the suffering, and the broken. Jesus invites me to follow Him. The Holy Spirit who anointed Jesus is there for me also. I have been commissioned into God's service. Let me go forward into today, willing to do whatever my Lord would have me do.


Lord, Mighty God,
I read of Jesus' powerful anointing and I realise there is a need on this earth today just as there was in Jesus' days. Jesus is not here in person today, but I am. And the same Spirit that anointed and led Him is available to me. I come willingly to You to do whatever You would have me do today. Lead me on. Fill me afresh with Your Spirit. Provide me with divine encounters, working in me and through me to achieve what You wish.
May Your name be honoured and glorified in my life today. I pray all thes things in Jesus' powerful name.    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment