Saturday 1 October 2016

Never Alone

“And the one who sent me is with me; he has not left me alone, for I always do what is pleasing to him.”                                                                                            John 8.29


Jesus was never alone, the Father was with Him in every event and at every moment.

Jesus has promised that we will never be alone. He has given us another Advocate, the Holy Spirit, to be with us forever (John 14.16). The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, and the Spirit of Jesus. Thus, through the Holy Spirit, Jesus is with us. He is with us always, to the end of the age. (Matt. 28.20)

Scripturally, I can know that God – as Father, Son and Spirit, is always with me. But do I always sense this, and live in the fullness and security that it offers me? Perhaps there is an action for me here! I can remind myself, and I can ask the Holy Spirit to remind me of His constant, ongoing presence.

This is not a case of loneliness. Rather, I see it as knowing where I belong and “keeping the right company”. And what better company can there be for me than the Holy Godhead? What a privilege is offered to me. And it’s there. It’s there for me at any time, at all times. It awaits my acceptance. I cannot refuse.





Gracious Lord,

I am again reminded of Your constant presence with me. I thank You and I accept the reality of a life lived with You and in You for each moment of each day.

I ask You to reinforce the truth of this to me. I confess that I do not always live in the realisation that You are ever there for me. I am sorry for those times when I stray, and sometimes get horribly lost.

Forgive me. Draw me back into relationship. Grow in me, please, a steadfast desire to live in You and for You. Lead me daily in paths that are good and honouring to You. I seek Your perfection and I commit to the quest. Hear my prayer and help me, Lord, in Jesus’ name I ask.                                      Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment