Tuesday 2 August 2016

Without measure

He whom God has sent speaks the words of God, for he gives the Spirit without measure. John 3.34


The Scripture is talking about Jesus, the one who comes from above. He is above all. He testifies to what He has seen and heard. He certifies that God is true.

He speaks the words of God. He speaks the truth. He is the truth. Everything that Jesus says is of God, and it is the truth. And the Spirit abounds in Him and through Him. There is no limit, no restriction on the measure of the Spirit with Jesus.

Jesus has promised this same Spirit to me. I am mindful that the Spirit comes without measure. I can receive the Spirit to the extent that is needed in whatever circumstance I am in or whatever situation I face. I can expect, and embrace, the fullness of the Spirit. And I do this, for I want the most that God has for me.

The Scripture speaks of Jesus and says, He whom God has sent speaks the words of God. I take these words for myself also. When God sends me, I want to speak forth His words. How may I do this? By waiting on Him in the time of preparation, by being alert to every thought and idea, to recognise the origin in Him, and by being expectant that He will speak to me and lead.

May I be sent by God, filled with His Spirit and equipped with His words, emboldened by Him to speak forth.





Loving God,

I embrace the truth that is Jesus, and I thank You.

I pray for the fullness of the Spirit to be with me, and Your words to fill me, guide me and empower me. I ask You to send me wherever You will. May I speak forth Your words with sincerity, love and warmth. May I show people just how much You care. May I work with You as You draw many to Christ. I am Yours, and I thank You for this wonderful state of being.              Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment