Thursday 4 August 2016

Believed

Jesus said to him, “Go; your son will live.” The man believed the word that Jesus spoke to him and started on his way.                                                 John 4.50


The official’s son was ill and at the point of death. His father had sought Jesus out and begged Him to come and heal the boy. Instead of going to where the boy was, Jesus sent the father on his way, saying that the son would live. On the way, the father’s servants met him to say that his son was well. His recovery had begun the moment that Jesus had said,  “Your son will live.”

Jesus had spoken, and the man had believed. I see great truth and revelation here for all believers. When God speaks, truth is uttered. Whatever God says can be believed. The man profited greatly from believing the words of God through Jesus.

I reflect on the ways in which God speaks to me. He speaks clearly, and often, through His Word contained in the Bible. He speaks individually to me through thoughts that impress themselves in my mind. He speaks through the words and actions of friends. He speaks through books, magazines and other media. And He speaks through circumstances. When I sense that God might be speaking to me, I have a responsibility to assure myself, as much as is possible, that it is indeed God speaking to me. Following this I need to understand just what He’s saying – and I need to believe Him implicitly! Then, I need to be willing to follow through in anything He may ask of me.





Lord God,

I thank You that You speak to me. I know this and I rejoice in the relationship that enables it. I ask for clarity of thought and heart to know when it is You speaking to me and not a figment of my imagination.

I ask for wisdom and insight to understand exactly what You’re saying, and I pray for strength, determination and commitment to follow through in anything You might ask of me.

I delight in hearing from You. I pray this will continue and deepen. I ask this in Jesus’ name.                     Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment