Thursday 25 August 2016

Hunger and thirst

Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never be hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.”                       John 6.35


Hunger and thirst point us to the essentials of life. Hunger and thirst indicate a lack of food and drink, necessities of daily living. Jesus tells us we will never again hunger and thirst if we are with Him, and believe in Him.

I hear Him talking of basic, everyday things. He is there for me every day. I can receive from Him at any time. And I will receive all that I need.

But there is more. He says He has come to earth to do the will of the Father who sent Him. Then He says, “This is indeed the will of my Father, that all who see the Son and believe in him may have eternal life; and I will raise them up on the last day.”
                                                                                                                             (v40)

He is everything. I am assured of Him in my everyday living, for I will never hunger or thirst in Him. But He is with me, and He will lead me beyond this present life. On the last day of my life here on earth, He will raise me up into eternal life. He is here with me now and He will be with me then, guiding me and leading me into the Father’s presence, and into all of eternity. Hallelujah!





Lord Jesus,

You are here, and I am with You. I give myself into the fullness of life with You. I embrace You today and look to You to lead me through this day. As we travel together may I see all that You would show me or teach me. I pray that we will draw closer to each other as we journey on.

And when this life’s journey is done, I have the joy of knowing that You will lead me into eternity. You will raise me up, and into the Father’s presence.

I rejoice in the totality of life I have in You. I thank You, and praise You with my whole being.                     Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment