Sunday 3 January 2016

Denial!

Peter replied, “Man, I don’t know what you’re talking about!” Just as he was speaking, the rooster crowed!                                                                            Luke 22.60


As Jesus had foretold, so it came to be. Jesus had said to Peter, “Before the rooster crows today, you will disown me three times.” And Peter had done just that.

The NIV use of the word “disown” really speaks to me. Strong’s concordance (533) gives it also as “to deny utterly”. This is no mild excusing. This is total denial! No wonder Peter went outside and wept bitterly when he realised the truth.

This brings me to consider the truth for me. It is easy for me to say, in the comfort of my home, that I will never deny Jesus. But what might be the reality if ever I am truly tested? How will I respond? I pray that my love, honour and respect for Jesus will uphold. I pray that the Holy Spirit will give me the strength and courage to say, “Yes, I know Him. Yes, I am one of them. Yes, I declare Jesus to be my Saviour and my Lord. Yes, He has changed my life from drudgery into something beautiful, and I will ever affirm Him. Yes, Yes, Yes!!”





Lord Jesus,

Today we’re talking true faith, the faith that stands – and withstands. This is no fuzzy inner feeling without real substance. This is knowing, positively knowing You and what You did for me.

I declare this, and I seek to strengthen my stand. I don’t want to be merely a “fine-weather” believer.

I pray for depth of faith. I ask You to draw me deeper, to grow me further in You. May I be so connected in You that it would be impossible not for You to be seen in me? May it be so that for anyone to ask, “Do you know Him?” would be foolishly superficial.

I love You and I want that love to show. Shine through me, Precious Lord. Shine on!
                                                                                                                             Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment