Wednesday 6 January 2016

Son of God

They all asked, “Are you then the Son of God?” He replied, “You are right in saying I am.” Then they said, “Why do we need any more testimony? We have heard it from his own lips.”                                                                 Luke 22.70,71


The Jewish leaders acknowledged that they heard Jesus declare Himself to be the Messiah. They heard it, but they did not believe. Instead they took His admission as their right to destroy Him.

This is a sequence of events that has been repeated so many times throughout history. People have heard the declaration of Jesus as the Saviour, yet they have chosen to deny and reject Him and they have destroyed any possibility of salvation.

This practice is rife today. The world largely has put God out of the picture as irrelevant, useless and totally unnecessary.

O, how I cry out for this pitiful world. It places its hopes in itself. Mankind has become too clever by far, and seems intent upon its own destruction.

Can I as an individual do anything? I shall do what I know to do – pray!




Holy God,

It’s possible that the world has rejected You for the simple reason that You are holy. I cry out for the world. Even though we have largely abandoned You I know You have not abandoned us.

I pray that Your love may re-emerge on this earth. There are many pockets of faithful believers. Increase us, Lord. May the reality of Jesus shine forth and the wonderful love of the Father be transmitted through human lives. Lord, forgive the church its many sins. Renew us, and strengthen us to go forth, and rightly carry the message of love – Your love for the whole world.

I ask these things in the mighty name of Jesus.

Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment