Tuesday 12 January 2016

Risen

“Why do you look for the living among the dead? He is not here; he is risen!”                                                                                                                                            Luke 24.5b, 6a


What gloriously stirring words these are! The last that the faithful saw might have been Joseph removing the body to the tomb or, more likely, the dead Christ upon the cross. It would be the most natural act for the women to want to anoint the body. And so, they would have visited the tomb expecting to do this.

There, the most wonderful news awaited them. Their beautiful friend was not dead but alive. And the risen Christ is now truly their Saviour! I delight in the phrase  “Why do you look for the living among the dead?” How pertinent this question is, and how relevant to today! Jesus brings new life. And He will be found among those who are willing to live their lives with Him and in Him. His journey from death to life is indicative of what believers experience. In our sin we are apart from God. The ways of the flesh kill the spirit, and keep us from Him. But Christ brings new life. We need to look for Him among those who are vibrant in Him. I pray that I might be one such. I open myself to Him and invite Him to fill me with the measure of new life in Him.





Lord Jesus,

I rejoice that You are alive and most wonderfully so. I seek You out, Lord. I cry out for You to fill me anew and lead me into a life of You in me and me in You.

May each day bring a new measure of You into me. May I also meet with others with whom to share this new life. These may be followers of You or they may yet be ‘dead’ in the Spirit. Let me join with them and introduce You, either initially or in greater measure.

I pray that Your Spirit would work in me to release the powerful love that You have for me and that You have given me. Precious Jesus, receive my love and release me in Your love.                  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment