Monday 7 December 2015

Weeping

As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, “If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace – but now it is hidden from your eyes.”                                                                     Luke 19.41,42


Jerusalem has a special place in God’s story. It always will be special and so it is understandable that Jesus should weep on this day when He knew Jerusalem would reject the Messiah.

I have this image, also, of Jesus weeping for each single soul who rejects Him. This is the extent of God’s love. He yearns to save everyone. His love is greater than any rejection that humanity might exercise.

I see, in my mind’s eye, Jesus weeping for me. There is a part of me that sees this as incredible, unbelievable. But there is a small voice within me that says, “Believe this, for it is true. You mean so much to me, my tears are just a small manifestation of my love for you. Remember I gave my very life, and this was simply for you.”

I see Jesus weeping for those who do not yet walk with Him. He weeps for the very ones that I pray for. He weeps for them as He weeps for me. He saved me. I know He will save them.





Lord Jesus,

I thank You for the family You have given me. I pray for the souls of those who do not yet walk in fullness with You. I ask for salvation for them. Draw them to You, please. Visit them in life-changing encounter. Bring to them a clear revelation of the divine love.

Similarly I pray for those friends and acquaintances, neighbours and strangers who have not received You. My Lord, they are all in desperate need. Hear my prayer for them. Heed my cry. I see Your tears and I know they are not shed in vain. I thank You for the love You have for each one of us. You do not love without action. Save us all, Lord. Draw us to You in eternal relationship, bound through divine love.        Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment