Friday 25 December 2015

All

“I tell you the truth,” he said, “this poor widow has put in more that all the others. All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on.”                                                                                         Luke 21.3,4


These words speak so clearly to me in a singular context. Right now, as I read them, I am filled with the reminder and conviction that I want to give my all to Jesus.

What does this mean? I’m not exactly sure. I also sense that I don’t need to be sure. Not sure of what it means, that is! What I do need to be sure of, and only this, is that I give myself wholeheartedly to Him. He knows what He wants of me. I know that I want Him, and I want Him to take all of me.

I am conscious of the love affair that I have entered with Jesus. I pray that I will become even more and more conscious of this love with each passing day.

Love is the key. And this love, gloriously, is two-way. I am able to receive His love. I gasp when I think how He hovers and longs to pour out His love upon me. I doubt I will ever comprehend this! Praise God I do not need to understand, but simply receive. And as I receive God’s love, so I am fitted to share it. I take in, and I give out.

At this moment I’m basking in His love. I needn’t let go of this, but keep on receiving, and sharing. O, thank You, Lord.





Precious Lord,

I’m so in love with You. And the cry of my heart is to go deeper. Take me, Lord, I give all of myself to You.

I thank You that You have made me worthy to receive Your love. I pray that Your love will not stop. I pray also that I can willingly share the love that You give me. I ask for opportunities, and a willingness to share in the way in which You would Yourself share.

O, thank You for this love. May it flow, and flourish. I ask this in Your holy and powerful name.                Amen.





My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip (Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").

No comments:

Post a Comment