Monday 28 December 2015

Prayed for

“Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers.”                                                                                         Luke 22.31, 32


Simon was indeed tested. And he failed the test. He denied Jesus three times just as Jesus said he would. But Jesus also told that He had prayed for Simon. And this, I believe, had powerful results. History has shown that Simon did indeed turn back from his denial, and he went on to do mighty things for the Kingdom of God.

I know that Satan tempts me. Sadly, most of his truly threatening work takes place inside me. It is as if I’m the instigator and perpetrator. When I wrestle with thoughts that seek to lead me into wrong things, it is difficult to see this as an external attack. Yet this is what I believe it to be. The enemy would have me believe it’s me, but I have been cleansed by Jesus. He has made me fit to connect with the Father and to pursue His righteousness.

Jesus said He had prayed for Peter. He is also interceding for me (Rom. 8.34). Not only this, the Holy Spirit also intercedes for me (Rom. 8.26, 27). How blessed I am! The Godhead is united in intercession, for my wellbeing.





Lord Jesus,

I realise that You pray for me as You prayed for Peter. I am so blessed. I give myself to Your prayer. May no part of me hold back from what the Father plans. May I grow in love, in You, as I journey on.

I have an impression of You as my prayer partner. I am the unworthy one yet, as I sit in prayer with You, Your very presence cleanses me and restores me to that place where I am a delight to my heavenly Dad.

I shall sit here awhile, and pray with You. That You are praying for me encourages me to believe that You would pray with me. Please, may we pray awhile together? Thank You.                      Amen.  


No comments:

Post a Comment