Wednesday 5 August 2015

Homeward Bound

As I penned the heading for this entry, I reflected upon how I've just left my birth country, the Land of My Fathers, to return to my adopted country - and the Land of My Children.

I farewelled the last of my family in North West France after a great visit to their delightful Breton cottage and nearby attractions.





An early morning drive took me to Brest airport, and the flight to Gatwick, where I arrived just before midday. As I didn't need to be at Heathrow until much later in the evening, I decided to spend a few hours in London. I revisited "the sights" that are easily accessible from Victoria Coach station, and which were familiar to me from my boyhood.



I would dearly have liked a quiet prayer visit to Westminster Abbey, but the extensive queue waiting for admittance suggested to me that a quiet visit was not on. Likewise crowds in the vicinity of the Houses of Parliament posed a challenge after the sublime highways and byways of Brittany.


I did, however, enjoy a delightful stroll along the Embankment at Victoria and Chelsea, and a time of quiet reflection in one of the royal parks.

Meanwhile, the extended journey home continues. I'm presently at Kuala Lumpur awaiting the last of my flights - to Sydney, and home. I left Brittany early morning on Tuesday. God willing, I hope to arrive home at some time on Thursday afternoon.




Most Loving Father,

I thank You for absolutely the most wonderful times in this visit of recent weeks. I have met so many family members and it has been sheer joy to catch up with each and every one of them.

I now return to my adopted home where my natural family is indeed small, but where You have blessed me with the most extensive and wonderful spiritual family.

I love them all, and I thank You from the depths of my being.

I give You my gratitude, my love, and all of myself.     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment