Monday 31 August 2015

Each day

“Give us each day our daily bread.”                                            Luke 11.3


These words convey such a clear message. We are to concern ourselves only with provisions for the day, and we do this as each new day dawns. Jesus does not tell us to ask for today and every other day, but simply for today. I believe He is exhorting us to live one day at a time.

We are to ask God to provide. This makes so much sense. After all, isn’t He responsible for all that is? And nothing is impossible to Him! God can supply all that I need.

Furthermore, I believe these words indicate that God will, most certainly, provide for my needs – all of them. But I must be careful here. For my needs may well be different to what I think I want! I have no control over this for, in reality, God will do what He will. I, however, can rest in the assurance of His provision. I can release myself into His care each new day. I can petition Him to provide for my needs, and I can expect Him to do so.  





Heavenly Father,

I love You and I place myself most securely in Your arms and in Your provision. I rejoice in this new day that I can share with You. I ask, humbly, for Your provision in all things. May I know, and do, just what You would have of me. I look to You for whatever I need. I seek Your full and perfect provision, and I thank You, deeply and sincerely, for Your wonderful care of me.

Today is a gift from You to me. I receive Your precious gift. In return I give myself over to You. I ask You to have Your way fully in me. I pray that we might enjoy each other as we journey together through this day.

Oh, what delights there are as I surrender to You. I do this willingly. Take me, lead me on, in Jesus’ precious name I ask.                       Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment