Thursday 13 August 2015

Communion

“Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.”                                                                                                                     John 14.10


The words that Jesus speaks forth are the teachings of the Father. God, the Holy Father teaches us through the words of Jesus recorded by the New Testament writers. Jesus did not preach His own brand of faith and belief. He was always the earthly representation of the heavenly Father. Earlier in this response to Philip, He says, “Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.” (v 9) Jesus and the Father are as one.

This is my desire and hope: I want to be so infused with God – Father, Son and Spirit, that it becomes difficult to discern where I end and God begins. What glorious communion this would be. To me this would be the ultimate blessing, yet, as I reflect, it is the relationship God created me for.

I yearn to know this intimacy and intertwining of myself with my Creator. I pray also that, like Jesus, the words I speak forth will not be my own, but those of the Father in me, doing His work.





Holy God,

I come to You as a damaged human, but my desire is for a life totally entwined with You.

Come to me, please, with even greater power and infilling than I have known before. Consume me such that I am totally Yours. Help me to give myself completely to You.

I ask also that I might speak forth Your words. I truly, truly want to follow Jesus. He spoke forth the words that You had placed within Him. He did only those things that You would have Him do. I want to do likewise. I want my every thought to be based on You. Help me, please, to live out my life in the fullness of Your will. I ask these things in Jesus’ Name.               Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment