Monday 10 August 2015

Untroubled

“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me.”        John 14.1


God is against anxiety – most assuredly!

Here, Jesus exhorts us to trust God. Paul echoes similar sentiments when he says: Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. (Phil. 4.6) Paul continues by telling us what will happen when we trust God with our troubles and anxieties: And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. (v 7) These verses give further evidence of the unity and collusive behaviour of the Triune God. Father, Son, and Spirit work together in love, peace and blessing – and repentant and trusting humanity are the recipients and beneficiaries.    

I sense that peace of God. Even though I am a sinner, and I am most aware of my sinful state, I am not despised by God. I don’t deserve His love and blessing, yet it is freely offered to me.

Yes, I have no cause to be troubled or anxious. I can present myself, repentant, before God and receive His forgiveness and peace.




Lord God,

I don’t deserve Your love and blessing. I come to You in my sinful state and lay my sins down. I’m sorry, and I ask Your forgiveness. Help me, if You will, to discard sinful ways and to move more fully into the things of You.

I am strangely not troubled, for I feel Your peace around me. I rest in Your peace and I pray, that even when I am at my busiest and most active, I will always rest in Your peace.

I trust You, Lord. Father, Son and Spirit I trust You. To know that I can sit with You in complete honesty is most reassuring. I embrace You and the way forward in You.

I seek an increase in trust of You. Lord, let me trust You, willingly, for signs and wonders and miracles to issue forth in abundance, as I journey on with You. I ask these things in Jesus’ precious name.                Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment