Monday 23 September 2013

Family



Both the one who makes men holy and those who are made holy are of the same family. So Jesus is not ashamed to call them brothers.                    Heb. 2.11


Jesus became human. He lived on this earth in fleshly form. He experienced all that men and women experience. He knew happiness and sorrow. He tasted success and temptation. But He differed from humanity in the latter, in that He did not succumb to temptation. He resisted and overcame and, in so doing, broke the bondage that kept humanity out of right and loving relationship with God.

Yes, sin holds us in bondage, but Jesus has broken the bonds and makes clear the way for our return to God.

Jesus is family. This is so exciting. Furthermore, we are clearly told that He is not ashamed to call us brothers. Can I truly get hold of this? Jesus is my brother! He delights to call me brother. I think also He delights when I call Him brother.

Family in unity brings great strength. I know the power I have in Him as administered and revealed by His Holy Spirit. He has also drawn me into a wide, earth-based family, the body of Christ. Here I join with brothers and sisters who strengthen me and who, with God’s help and blessing, I am able to help. Praise God!






Lord Jesus,

Dear Brother. I rejoice that I am part of Your family. I ask You to draw me close to You today. Let me feel Your presence. Fill me with Your love, compassion and strength, and allow me to reach others as You would.

Unite me more and more in the wonderful family that is known as Your body here on earth. May I join with them in Your ways and God’s Word. May I love them with Your self-giving love.

I salute You as my beloved brother. Oh, that I can call You this. Consolidate me, brother, in You and in Your wonderful family, in Your precious name I ask.                                        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment