Saturday 7 September 2013

Chosen



For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you.              1 Thess.1.4


God’s Word is filled with words of constant encouragement to the eager believer as well as to the struggling heart. The first thing to strike me from this verse of Paul’s is that we have been “chosen” by God. To be anyone’s choice makes for something special. To be chosen by God makes it very, very special. I am reminded also of Jesus’ words to His disciples, and to me:

“You did not choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit – fruit that will last.” (John 15.16)

This is so true. I remember very clearly when God put His hand on me. He touched me and made it so clear to me that I had been chosen, by Him, to enter into a lasting relationship with Him. It has been, and continues to be, filled with wonder, awe, joy and much excitement. But the most amazing aspect of it is one that Paul also mentions in this verse from the Thessalonian letter. God loves me. It’s the sort of thing you “shout from the rooftops”! The love of God is truly without parallel. God’s love overcomes all obstacles; it breaks through every barrier and releases all pressure.

What an amazing combination with which to start a new day. God loves me and He has chosen me. How can I not explode with joy and rejoicing?






Lord God,

I’m jumping around on the inside. I am jubilant with this reminder of Your wonderful love for me. I am ecstatic that You have chosen me. Hallelujah! I rejoice in You. I exalt You and praise Your wonderful name.

I crave Your will in my life. Take me, please, at this start of a new day, and guide me in Your ways for me today. I have my own agenda set, but I invite You to change anything You choose. As You have chosen me, so I look to be and to do only what You choose.

Wonderful, precious Love, I give myself to You. Lead me on, in Jesus’ Name I pray.     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment