Wednesday 24 April 2013

Power and protection



The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped.
My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.      Psalm 28.7


The power I need comes from the Lord God. He is my protection. Indeed, He is all I need and want.

I can agree with the psalmist that my heart trusts in Him. I truly believe there is no problem with this. But my head does not always align with the truth of my heart. My head will often, perhaps too often, look at the existing situation and the natural context and environment and be totally influenced by what it sees. My head will discard those two truths that God has been so wanting me to take hold of with all my being: Nothing is impossible for God, and I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

This is God’s reality. The workings of my mind in looking at, and being influenced by, the worldly view of what confronts me are to be shunned, ignored, and replaced by the greater spiritual reality that God is my all. He is my provider and protector, I need nothing else when I am truly in Him.

In this truth my heart leaps for joy. As I live in the glorious reality of who I am in Him, I cannot fail to give Him thanks, loud and long, with my heart and with my voice.

God is my way. He is everything – the morning light, the brightness of the day, and the restfulness of the night. He is peace, peace in all things. In him I am secure. In Him I am equipped for all that He asks of me, all that He would have me do for Him.

Right now my heart leaps within me. I rejoice with a song of praise and glory. I am filled with hope and expectation. I embrace my Lord God with all of my being, rejoicing in His wonderful Being, and in who I am in Him.






Lord God,

Glorious One, Mighty and Loving Father, Gracious Provider and Protector,

I love You, Lord, my King and my Dad. You truly are everything to me. My heart sings out today in outrageous praise and thanksgiving. Receive all I have to offer. Receive me please, gladly and joyfully. I commit myself wholly, and whole-heartedly, to You. Quite simply, I just want to serve You. And so, I will journey into this day believing for Your guidance, provision and protection. I will embrace what You send and rejoice in what befalls. Hopefully I will honour You and bring true worship in all that I do. Receive this, my humble and sincere prayer, in Jesus’ Name.                                                                                       Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment