Saturday 6 April 2013

In this way



In this way the priest will make atonement for them (the whole Israelite community), and they will be forgiven.           Lev. 4.20


In this way the priest will make atonement for the man’s (leader) sin, and he will be forgiven.                                                          Lev. 4.26

In this way the priest will make atonement for him (a member of the community), and he will be forgiven.                                                      Lev. 4.31 & also 35


The priest himself was liable to sin and was required to bring a sin offering to the Lord (Lev. 4.3). The priest also “processed” the sin offerings of all other members of the community. The priest was the link between man and God. Every time a sin was discovered, atonement had to be offered by means of a sin offering presented to God through the priest. Thousands of offerings were likely made during the period covered by the Old Testament.

Then God brought change. When Christ came into the world He said:

Here I am, I have come to do your will...

And by that will we have been made holy through the sacrifice of the body of Jesus Christ once for all. (Heb. 10.9,10).

The perfect sacrifice purifies all who will confess it. Christ is the way.






Lord God,

Hallelujah! And thanksgiving. Thank You, Lord for the most amazing gift of forgiveness, reconciliation and eternal life that You have made available to me through Your own supreme sacrifice. I accept and I receive. I rejoice in the new life I have in You. I am a new creation. Hallelujah!

Please lead me forward in this new life and further into You. I have been set free from the old and I thank You. O, how I thank You. May I now receive the fullness of the new life in You and the fullness of Christ in me. Thank You, Lord.                                                           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment