Tuesday 9 April 2013

Full interaction



Moses did as the LORD commanded him, and the assembly gathered at the entrance to the Tent of Meeting.                                                       Lev. 8.4


As the Scriptures read there is much evidence of Moses in constant interaction with the Lord. Moses meets with God regularly and participates in meaningful conversation with Him. What a wonderful picture this gives me of a man’s relationship with God.

But, having spoken with and listened to God, Moses then obeys. Moses, more so than the Israelites in general, is obedient to what God asks of him. In this instance, however, the whole assembly is in accord with the Lord’s wishes. I am reminded of Psalm 133: when brothers live in unity – there the Lord bestows His blessing.

How blessed Moses was to enjoy God’s friendship, to fellowship and converse with Him, and to be committed to obeying Him.






Lord God,

My prayer today is to ask, humbly but in faith, for some of the things that Moses knew in his life.

I ask, Lord, for a deeper relationship with You. I dare to believe that I might become Your friend. My request is urgent, and insistent. I will not rest until I am close to You. I am nothing without You. I look to You to make me everything You would have me be.

I pray that I may “abide” in You. Lord, let me live in constant communion with You. Speak to me. Converse with me. Show me Your ways. Share of Your secrets with me. Delight in me and lead me into delight in You. Know my love and enjoy it.

Please let me be obedient. I can do all things when You are in me. I acknowledge the presence of Your Holy Spirit in me, and I ask for more. Lord, I want more of You. I seek a life filled to overflowing with Your blessing. I look for Your leading every step of the way. Let me live to do Your will. Hear my prayer, my urgent plea. Fulfil me, Lord, in Jesus’ Name I pray.
                                                                                                                                            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment