Sunday 21 April 2013

I trust...



I trust in the LORD.
I will be glad and rejoice in your love,
For you saw my affliction and knew the anguish of my soul.
You have not handed me over to the enemy
but have set my feet in a spacious place.                           Psalm 31.6b-8


Oh, the truth of real relationship with God. How good it is to declare “I trust in the Lord”, and know it is not a wild declaration. For some time now God has been challenging me to place my full trust in Him. That’s right, my full trust.

I generally have no problem in trusting God but I do sense that, hitherto, it has been something of a general trust. The challenge in recent times has been for a full, total, complete surrender to Him, placing every particle of trust in him and believing – implicitly and explicitly, for His will.

As I look to Him, as I fix my eyes on Jesus, and continue to focus on Him, I need not be concerned at all about what I do. He is all I need and He will lead me into whatever I am to do. This conviction grows in me. With it comes an even stronger desire to look to Him and to keep focused on Him. I am able to spend every second in His company, and this assuredly keeps me well and truly anchored in His will.

I trust in the Lord. How joyfully I am able to express this sentiment today. I see Him. I receive his love. I am glad, and I rejoice in the wonder of my relationship with Him.






Lord God,

I thank You for Your eternal presence with me. I invite You into all that I am. I ask You to lead me in all that I do. I trust You. I marvel at Your power, Your glory and Your presence manifest to me and alive and real in me through Your Holy Spirit.

I rejoice in Your faithfulness. You know all there is to know about me. You know and yet You love me. I embrace the wonder of Your love. I marvel at the endless expressions of Your love that I see in this life. Yet there is room for more.

I open myself to You and ask that the fullness of Your will be outworked in my life. May I know even more of Your love, but may I be used by you to share and spread Your love in every place that I visit and every experience I encounter.

I trust You and surrender fully to Your love and Your will. Receive my love and adoration,                                                                          in Jesus’ Name I pray.                           Amen.                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment