Thursday 28 February 2013

Sabbath



Remember the Sabbath day by keeping it holy.    Exodus 20.8


Things are not holy within their own nature but are made so by the divine presence. God enters in, and holiness results.

The Sabbath is a day in which to celebrate God’s presence. It is a day to celebrate in God’s presence. It could follow that every day might be a Sabbath for, surely, the true believer would desire to live each day in and with God.

Does a day need to be “set aside” in order for it to be spent with God? Whilst it is a good action to devote whole days to focus on and devote to God, I believe it is possible to live every day in a state of holiness – to seek God, to receive Him and know Him and His presence throughout the progress of each day. As I remember God, He reveals himself to me. In him I live, and breathe, and have my being.






Gracious Lord,

The psalmist said, “Better is one day in your courts that a thousand elsewhere” (Ps.84.10). I wish to spend every day in Your royal household.

I claim the promise offered in James: Come near to God and he will come near to you (4.8). I’m here, Lord. I press in and expect to journey through the day ahead in company with You all the way. My prayer is that nothing will obstruct or hinder. I confess my sins humbly before You and I ask Your forgiveness. If there is anything I need to repent of specifically, I ask You to show me.

Be with me, Lord. I am nothing without You. I so enjoy Your company. I wish for Your leading in everything. I pray the constant presence of Your Holy Spirit in my life. May I be strengthened, equipped, enabled and guided by You in all that I am and anything that I do.

I love You, Lord. Receive my love anew and fresh today. Lead me in Your ways. May I know the peace of Jesus as I Journey with You.

Hallelujah! Bless Your Name.                                                                                     Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment