Thursday 7 February 2013

God will



“I cannot do it,” Joseph replied to Pharaoh, “but God will give Pharaoh the answer he desires.”                    Gen. 41.16


Joseph knew where his strength lay and he did not hide the fact that the power and ability was with God and not in himself. It almost looks as if God responds by honouring Joseph with the outcome. I don’t suggest that Joseph manipulates God in any way but what I see is rather the partnership that can evolve out of faith and trust, commitment and dedication.

Paul describes us as God’s fellow workers (1 Cor. 3.9). Yes, yes! What an encouraging title. And what a wonderful picture it conjures up, of the committed man or woman sold out to God and working in sweet partnership with Him.

Joseph was thirty when this present dramatic change came in to his life. I am more than twice that age, yet I choose to remind myself that this is not important. I can never be late in God’s timing. Once again, I hear the words He gave me quite a few years ago when I thought I was too old – Remember Moses!








Lord God,

I see the partnership that is at work with Joseph and Yourself. I rejoice to see his acknowledgment of you, and Your wonderful response.

I come to You, seeking partnership with You. I know we are in relationship, but I seek more of it. I relish the thought of being a fellow worker with You. I see this clearly in Joseph’s life.

I come, Lord, for whatever You may have for me to do. I come to sit at Your feet and worship You in breath-taking wonder. I come to enjoy relationship with You – to walk with You and talk with You, to go places with You, and to be still with You. Receive me, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                                                                                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment