Saturday 8 December 2012

One Father



And do not call anyone on earth ‘father’, for you have one Father, and he is in heaven.      
 Matt. 23.9


These words amaze me because for me they are absolutely true.

I have known no earthly father. There was a time when this was loss to me, a great loss. But that time is long since. When, in later life, I joined in new relationship with my heavenly Father, I knew this was my true Father. I rejoice in the sweetness of that relationship which has been so from the first, yet gets deeper and sweeter with each passing day. I am able to rejoice also that there is no earthly father, no inferior example to cloud or confuse me. I have been blessed with a unique father-son relationship. I thank my Father today and I will continue to thank Him for the most wonderful relationship He has drawn me into. 







My Dear, Dear Father,

I thank You, truly, for sparing me the imperfections of an earthly father. Yet I bow low before You in the realisation that it was Your plan – since before time began – to bless me with the perfect Father. I am almost speechless. You have taken my breath away, after all this time, after those early, seemingly endless years of deprivation and longing for a dad. Through the hate and anger towards the human who should have been there for me. Then came the years of healing and release, and the joy of meeting You. I am growing, still growing, in relationship with You and the marvel of knowing a true Father – absolutely the best Dad of all.

Sweet Daddy, I feel today as if something has been brought to completion. Your Word promises wonderfully that the good work You begin You will carry to completion. A stage has been reached, and I now release myself further and fully into my relationship with You as a much loved and favoured child of the most wonderful Father.

Holy Dad, receive my thanks, my appreciation, my love – and me. Hallelujah!             Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment