Saturday 22 December 2012

Little children - always



And he said: “I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.”             Matt. 18.3


Little children are innocent and naive. Their understanding is simple. They are trusting and totally believing. But little children grow up. They become ‘wise’ and ‘all-knowing’. Trust is replaced by suspicion. Doubt takes over from belief. These are not qualifications for entry into the kingdom of heaven. Clever, worldly ways must be discarded and the wholesome attitude of little children completely recaptured in order to experience and enjoy all that God has for His children.

I want to enter the Kingdom of Heaven. I also want to enjoy the things of God in this earthly realm. My prayer is to become, truly, a child of God – a little child of God.






Lord God,

I thank You for this glorious day and the pleasures You bring to me in it. I think of the kingdom of heaven. I pray that I will, one day, gloriously enter the kingdom of heaven. I also pray the I will experience the fullness of life in You here on earth. I know I am Your child, for Jesus has given me that right. I receive it and I thank You with all of my being.

I pray that I might become truly ‘Your child’ – in every sense. May I know the guilelessness and trust of a little child. May my eyes be opened to see with innocence and purity. May I be able to follow Jesus who always said “I tell you the truth.”

Lord, please further Your act of creation in me. Please take from me any harshness or falseness that might have taken hold from the world and its ways. Please release me from all temptations of the flesh, and lead me to follow fully the way of the Spirit.

I love You and so desire to please You in all that I do. Let me truly be Your child. Make me Your child, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment