Friday 14 December 2012

Disinterested



The rest seized his servants, mistreated them and killed them.               Matt. 22.6


Jesus is speaking about the kingdom of heaven. The king has prepared a wedding feast but none of the invited guests are interested in attending. They are distracted by a host of petty diversions. And the persistence of the king’s servants is too much for them. They retaliate with brutality and slaughter.

Sadly, I see this happen in the world today. Christ’s message of salvation is an invitation to the great wedding feast of the King of all kings. The invitation is extended in the hope of immediate acceptance – in the here and now. But too many are distracted and disinterested. The things of this present world consume their attention and energy, and the glorious hope of eternity to come is dismissed.

I grieve to acknowledge, only too clearly, that the King’s servants are being mistreated and killed in many parts of the world today, too many parts. How this must disappoint the King. But more, it denies entry to so many to the glorious feast in the hereafter.







Lord God, Holy King.

I cry out for the lost of this world. I bring before You all those who are caught up in the things of this material life. I plead for their salvation. Lord, hear my prayer; let my cry come to You. Answer it, please, with a sovereign move of Your Holy Spirit across the entire globe.

I pray for the true meaning of Christmas to touch people’s hearts. Protect Your servants, Lord, each one of them. Let them speak lovingly and clearly of that greatest gift of all. The most wonderful Christmas gift to You would be a soul turned to You in repentance, faith and belief. I pray for this in my own family and I pray for it in the worldwide family of all races. And I ask for this, in Jesus’ Name.                                                                                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment