Friday 2 November 2012

The Eyes have it!



My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.                              Ps. 25.15


Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law.            Ps. 119.18


Turn my eyes away from worthless things; preserve my life according to your word.
 Ps. 119.37


I lift my eyes to the hills – where does my help come from?        Ps. 121.1


I lift up my eyes to you, to you whose throne is in heaven.         Ps. 123.1


But my eyes are fixed on you, O Sovereign Lord; in you I take refuge – do not give me over to death.                   Ps. 141.8

Let your eyes look straight ahead, fix your gaze directly before you.          Prov. 4.25

Your eyes will see the king in his beauty and view a land that stretches afar. Isa. 33.17

The eye is the lamp of the body. If your eyes are good, your whole body will be full of light.             Matt. 6.22          

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.                            2 Cor. 4.18

Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.                                                 Heb. 12.2,3


Today the ‘eyes’ have it. During recent study I experienced some eye strain through concentrated reading, note-taking and computer work. I found out subsequently that the lens prescription in my specs needed updating. The eye tiredness has persisted. I am believing this is temporary and will pass as my eyes adjust to new lenses. In the meantime I decided to see what God’s Word said in respect to the eyes. The selection of verses I have noted is the outcome.

Interestingly, my selection begins (Ps. 25.15) and ends (Heb. 12.2, 3) with the same exhortation and encouragement. I am to look to God – intently fixing my eyes on Jesus – for my strength is in Him. He is all that I need. My healing is assured in Him.


I praise You, Lord. I sense Your touch right at this moment. I receive Your word of wholeness and health. Hallelujah! I praise You.

God will not only keep me safe, He will also lead and guide me into the fulfilment of His purposes for me. He has this extraordinary plan for my life. Even as I write this, I ‘hear’ a holy chuckle. It’s as if my wonderful, darling heavenly Father is saying, “Just you wait, my boy. Have I got some surprises for you!”

God will restore my eyes to the fullness of health, and the clearest of vision. He will also show me the most wonderful things in His Law (Ps. 110.18) and I know I shall see miraculous things as I willingly minister in Him.






I look to You, Lord, and You alone. I lift my eyes, to the hills and beyond. I lift my eyes to the highest heavens. I look to behold You, King Almighty, seated upon Your heavenly throne, breathtaking in Your beauty, all-knowing, all-seeing, all-loving and all-blessing.

Lord, let me look straight ahead, let me fix my gaze fully on You and Your ways for me. I take refuge in You. I receive life, life abundant from You. Let me gaze upon the unseen God. Make my eyes fully good, Lord. Let me see and embrace the eternal, the love of You, My Saviour, Lord, Father and Lover.                                                                                             Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment