Monday 26 November 2012

Utmost fear... and love



The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise.                                                Psalm 111.10


For me, fear of the Lord is a deep and holy reverence. It is a profound respect for who He is and the power He wields. Yet it is more, for from His position of supreme power and authority, He showers love and grace, mercy and blessing upon me. This truly takes my breath away. This brings me to a place of utmost fear.

I am not always deserving of His love. Indeed, I wonder if the times when I truly deserve His love are any at all. I am quite good at deluding myself to my own behaviour. But, praise God, He can see through all of my delusions. And yet He loves me.







Lord God,

I know I have a fear – a holy respect – for You. Yet, as in many things, I ask for more. I claim Your promise that I will receive if I ask in the name of Jesus. I believe it is right to fear You. I believe that this is proper and I also believe it is right to have faith that all Your promises are true for me. They are “Yes” and “Amen”. I ask therefore for more fear of You and more faith in Your promises, and more expectation of their outworking.

Lord, I believe, but I earnestly ask You to help me in my unbelief. Remove all barriers and obstructions. I am ready to go forward with You. I seek the fullness of Christ in me and the power that He promised me in the Holy Spirit.

O God, you are so good. You are wonderful beyond measure. Draw me close. Feed me, nourish me. Let me know the fullness of Your provision in me, for me and through me.
I rejoice in You as the mighty God. Hallelujah! Fill me to overflowing with Your presence. Hear my passionate plea, in Jesus’ Name.                                                                       Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment