Tuesday 20 November 2012

Always



The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel – which means, “God with us”.                      Matt. 1.23


These words provide the perfect reminder of God’s constant presence with His people.

Since the beginning of time God’s unchanging plan has been to enjoy relationship with His people. Throughout the Old Testament God was there for His people, though often they ignored Him and lived in disobedience and alienation.

The words of this verse herald the New Testament, and the appearance of God in human form connecting with His people in the most real way and, finally, giving His life to save them.

And today, through the agency of the Holy Spirit, God is present in as many as will receive him. He is present and active. Praise the Lord!






Lord God,

I thank You for the promise of Immanuel – God with us. I rejoice in knowing that I am Yours. I commit to you as fully as I am able, and I ask You to lead me into greater fullness of You.

I pray that You would work in me. I echo the prayer of David and ask You to create a pure heart in me. I seek a brand-new heart which is pure to the core. I offer my heart to You. I ask to see all that I see with pure eyes, to hear with holy ears, and to act with Godly responses. I seek to be God-like at the core of my being.

I ask You to renew a steadfast spirit within me. Bring me to a place of consistency where I am not ‘up’ one minute and ‘down’ the next. I seek to be constant in You. I ask for a work of grace that will make me a rock, able to resist temptation at all times, holding me safe and sure in all the ever-changing situations of life.

I pray also for a willing spirit to sustain me. Lord, let me be willing – ever willing – to do whatever You may ask of me. I want to walk in continual obedience to Your will. I want to please You in all that I do and not be led astray by the whims and false imagining of my human condition. I want to live for You, Lord. Help me to do this with all of my being.
In Jesus Name I ask.                                                                                                      Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment