Tuesday 13 November 2012

Fellowship



We proclaim to you what we have seen and heard, so that you also may have fellowship with us. And our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son, Jesus Christ.
1 John 1.3


John is inviting us into fellowship. This is koinonia – spiritual union of the believer with Christ. John had walked with Jesus. He knew Him. In fact, he was especially favoured by him. This qualifies him well to make this recommendation to us. This is encouraging but, wonderful as John’s relationship with the earthly Jesus might have been, it is not essential to our union with Christ. He Himself draws us to Him.

We each can know intimate relationship with the full Godhead – Father, Son and Spirit. And this leads on to fellowship with one another. We are the body of Christ. Individually, we can commune and participate in sweet relationship with Him. Collectively we can do this. We also join in relationship with each other, we enjoy one another.

John states his purpose in writing of fellowship with our wonderful God as:

 to make our joy complete (v4).

As I am reminded of the purity I have in Jesus, the fellowship that is mine with the Godhead, and the fellowship I can enjoy with all believers, I give thanks – glorious, grateful thanks. I want to partake of the best, and fullest, fellowship – all around,






Lord God,

I thank You for the fellowship I have with You, with Father, Son and Holy Spirit. I thank You for this and ask that it might grow and deepen.

I thank You for the fellowship I enjoy with other Christians. I ask You to extend this, to take me to meet others, to enlarge the wonderful family circle that exists in You.

Draw me closer, please. Come close to me and bring me close to You. I yearn for deeper relationship with You. My relationship is with You. Bring me also into contact with more people that I might share this wonderful relationship with them.

Receive my love, precious Lord. Let us travel through this day together Lead me in Your way, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                           Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment