Friday 30 November 2012

Impossible?



Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.                                  Matt. 5.48


This encouragement from Jesus might seem like the impossible dream, yet it is God’s standard for us. Jesus sets up the high ideal of perfect love – love your enemies, pray for those who persecute you. We may not achieve this ideal in this life, but we can offer ourselves for the task.

I have called these words an encouragement by Jesus, and this is how I receive them. I offer myself to Him and ask Him to work in me and with me, to mould me and lead me into a state of perfection. As I do this I determine to believe that He will guide me in a process of sanctification, drawing me closer to Him each day, cleansing me of impurity, showing me the right way and leading me in that way. He calls me to obedience. I will give of my utmost to obey.






Lord Jesus,

I thank You for these words of encouragement. I know I cannot achieve perfection in this life but I offer myself to You with a plea for Your work of sanctification to be made manifest in me.

Show me Your way and lead me in it. I want to grow closer to You and to grow more like You with each passing day.

I’m Yours, Lord. I ask for an ability to hear You clearly as an acute reality within me. I want also an eagerness, an earnestness to willingly follow through with all that You ask of me and lead me into.

I love You. In love I seek more of You. I ask You to draw me closer, let me live in deep, and deepening, relationship with You. Fit me and use me to lead others into loving communion with You.

I surrender to You right now and ask You to lead me through this day. Have Your way with me. Enjoy me, please, and give me enjoyment in You. Thank You, I praise You and bless You.
                                                                                                                                            Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment