Tuesday 28 August 2012

Rested


And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he rested from all the work of creating that he had done.            Gen. 2.3


It was apparently much later (Exodus 16) when the Sabbath became established as an official day of rest. But God introduced the concept very early on. He rested, and He likewise calls us to rest in Him.

There are times to set aside, regularly, and rest in Him – to give full focus and attention to Him. This is Sabbath rest.

There is also the “resting in the Lord” which will see me through every minute of every day. When I have things to do, I do them as I rest in Him. This is not easy, but neither is it impossible. And, like many things, it becomes easier with practice.









Dear Lord,

What power and peace there is to be found in resting in You. I come to You for rest. I look for Sabbath rest, for times of focused and dedicated being with You. I pray also for the ability to rest in You as I go about my daily living.

Forgive me, Lord, for I am not yet able to rest in You for every minute of every day. But this does not reduce my resolve in any way. Lead me deeper, Lord. I want to go further in You. Draw me closer. Let me know the joy of resting in You, of living every moment with You.

I am willing. I come to You with a desire to be obedient. Receive me and draw me closer, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                                                         Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment