Monday 6 August 2012

Beyond understanding


He replied, “Why do you ask my name? It is beyond understanding.”         Judges 13.18


Manoah, the father of Samson, has asked the name of the angel of the Lord. His answer is as above. The Hebrew for the phrase “beyond understanding” is “wonderful”. It is the name of the One who would come as Mighty God.

God is as His name. He is wonderful and He is beyond understanding.

What an incredible, yes truly unbelievable truth it is that this wonderful God, who is quite beyond human understanding has chosen me to be His son. Furthermore, in this sonship I receive freely from Him, and familial qualities are available to me as I allow Him to work in me, to prepare me and refine me and make me, more and more, to conform to His image.





Lord God,

I worship You. I adore You. I come to You and say, O Wonderful One, You who are beyond my understanding, I do not need understanding to know that my life can only exist in You. I give myself to You. I ask You to draw me close. Show me something of the wonder of You. Give me more of You.

Lord, wonderful God, I applaud You. I kneel before You a in the fullness of Your grace and ask You to fill me to overflowing,
                                                in Jesus’ name.                                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment