Saturday 18 August 2012

Always


David said about him:
“I saw the Lord always before me.
Because he is at my right hand,
I will not be shaken.”                                           Acts 2.25


Jesus is the fulfilment of God’s covenant promise to David: When your days are over and you rest with your fathers, I will raise up your offspring to succeed you, who will come from your own body, and I will establish his kingdom   (2 Sam. 7.12).

But this present verse talks to me of David’s walk with God. David walked always with the Lord. Wherever he went God was with him, and he knew it. As he walked in this knowledge he was unshakeable.

God’s Word assures us of His perpetual presence (Heb.13.5; Deut.31.6), but we do not always remember this and the lack of this full awareness often robs us of the covering of unshakeability.




Lord God,

I pray that I may always see You before me. I claim Your Word:
            “Never will I leave you;
                        never will I forsake you.”
I hold this word close and pray that its revelation will always be with me.

As I progress with You, knowing that You are constantly, and constant, at my right hand, let me live in unshakeability.

I claim another of Your Words:
            I can do everything through him who gives me strength.”
With You alongside me, Lord, nothing is impossible. And I say this is the way it should be for the genuine and committed Christian.

Lord God, lead me forward, unshaken and strong in You, able to do anything and everything in the power of the One who strengthens me.

Hallelujah! Mighty God.
Hallowed be Your Name.                                Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment