Wednesday 15 August 2012

Built on rock


“I will show you what he is like who comes to me and hears my words and puts them into practice. He is like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundation on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it, because it was well built.      Luke 6.47,48


The person who builds their life on the words of Jesus – hearing them, receiving them, and putting them into practice – builds a firm and sure foundation which will withstand all attacks.

Those who follow Jesus may not have an easy life, but they will live solid in love and in truth; they will live a life of integrity, knowing peace in themselves and peace with others.

The Word of God is a sure footing, a light for the way and an encouragement at all times.






Dear Lord,

Your Word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path. I thank You.

I seek to build my life on this foundation that is You. I seek Your guidance. Let me dig down deep into You and know You intimately. May I hear all that You would say to me. Give me, please, a willingness to accept Your words to me, and to be open to anything that You would have me think, say or do. Give me the courage to follow through, and the peace that comes only when I am obedient to the Father’s will.

I pray for all those who would follow You. May they give themselves to You in unqualified measure. May they ever be led by You.

I thank You and praise Your Name.                                                                Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment