Saturday 25 August 2012

“Come!”


The Spirit and the bride say, “Come!” And let him who hears say, “Come!” Whoever is thirsty, let him come; and whoever wishes, let him take the free gift of the water of life.    Rev. 22.17


I speak as one who hears, and I say “Come!” I invite my Lord and His Spirit to come, to come into my life, to take over, to fill me to overflowing with His presence and power.

I speak as one who is thirsty. I long to come closer to Him. I choose to come. I come willingly and with an open heart to receive Him and an open mind to take in all that my finite mind is able to hold and understand of the infinite.

I receive the free gift of the water of life and I look for this water to fill me, and cleanse me, to wash over me, out of me and touch others with the precious gift of Jesus.






Lord God,

It is wonderful to be invited by You to “Come”, and it is precious to be able to request You to come in greater measure, power and force into my life.

I am thirsty for You. I crave more of You and I humbly ask for more.

I receive the free gift of the water of life. I ask You to wash me continually in the water of life. Let me bathe in it and rejoice in Your holy presence in my life.

I ask this, not selfishly for myself, for I want to share it. I pray for Your anointing and enabling. I pray that I might share Jesus as naturally as drawing breath. The world is in need, great need. Use me, please, Lord.

The free gift of the water of life is there for any who will choose to accept it. I pray that I might be a channel for that water. Yes, Lord, may I be a water carrier for You?

Hear my prayer. Know my heart. Lead me, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment