Saturday 28 April 2012

Seek Him


Seek the Lord while he may be found;
call on him while he is near.
Let the wicked forsake his way
and the evil man his thoughts.
Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him,
and to our God, for he will freely pardon.                                                      Isa. 55.6,7


God is there for all who will seek Him. He is so near to those who will call on Him. However wicked or evil a person may be, change is possible. The Lord is merciful. He freely pardons those who come to Him seeking His mercy.

After these verses, chapter 55 continues with more precious insights from God. His ways are higher that our ways; His thoughts are higher than our thoughts. Oh, to seek the ways of the Lord and to live His thoughts rather than my own.

As the rain and the snow fall and water the earth bringing forth, in time, a good harvest, so the word of the Lord will go forth and accomplish what He desires; His purposes will be achieved.

I see, then, a promise for those who seek the Lord:

            You will go out in joy
            and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and hills
will burst into song before you,
and the trees of the field
will clap their hands. (v12)

What a way to go!





Lord God,

I seek You. I press in to receive pardon and life from You. May Your ways be my ways, and Your thoughts my thoughts. May Your Word go forth from my lips and be fruitful.

Take me out in joy, Precious Saviour. Lead me forth in peace. Let all of Your creation rejoice with me, in Jesus’ name I ask.                                                                                        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment