Sunday 15 April 2012

Consuming fire


Therefore, since we are receiving a Kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably and with reverence and awe, for our “God is a consuming fire.”
                                                                                             Heb. 12.28,29


The reminder that “God is a consuming fire” brings great excitement into the very essence of me. I see this amazing and wonderful Being ready to take me in and to both comfort and love me but also imbue me with almost unbelievable supernatural strength. In myself I am weak. There is a certain amount I can achieve but it is limited. As well, I am open to the buffeting and battering of all sorts of forces that are neither good nor helpful to me. But when I allow myself to be touched, even consumed, by the consuming fire of the Almighty, then I can truly, and truthfully, say, “all things are possible.”

I am so thankful that this is the case. I worship God with all my being. I give myself fully to Him in adoration and service. I am most certainly in awe of Him yet, strangely, this allows me to receive Him as my loving guardian and provider. He is also my friend, with whom I can be my most natural self. Again, this does not diminish the reverence which I give Him freely and enthusiastically.

I have so much to be thankful for. I come before my great, and loving, God. I prostrate myself at his feet. I curl up comfortably in His embrace, and I am lost in the wonder and wonderment of my blessed relationship with Him.





Almighty and Most Loving God,

I thank You, truly, for all that is mine in You. I come to You in reverence and awe, but also in love and warmth. I revere You with honour and I press in with enthusiasm and expectation. Have Your way in me, in Jesus’ Name I ask.                                                                  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment