Thursday 12 April 2012

Witness


“But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth."   
                                                                                                       Acts 1.8



These are the last words of Jesus to His disciples before He left this earth and ascended into heaven. And what powerful words they are. Wonderful encouragement lies in these words of farewell and departure.

The power of God is truly awesome. And this power is available to me through the Holy Spirit. I want this. I want, with all my heart, to be a powerful witness for Jesus. But I do not want my witness to be restricted by my human weaknesses and frailties. I want the full power of God, through the infilling of the Holy Spirit, to manifest in my witness. I want Jesus to speak powerfully as I minister in the power of the Spirit.




Lord God,

I want to witness for You, but I want to do so in the fullness of the power of Your Holy Spirit.

I pray that You anoint me in and with the Holy Spirit to be a potent and powerful witness for Jesus.

I seek not to minister in my own human weakness, but in divine power, filling me direct from the throne room of heaven.

Fill me, Lord. Give me the boldness that comes only from Your Holy Spirit. Let me be a worthy witness to Jesus, in His powerful and precious name I ask.                                   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment