Wednesday 25 April 2012

Clothed


You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptised into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ.                         Gal. 3.26


My faith in Jesus reconciles me to God and restores me in sonship to Him. My baptism joins me intimately with Jesus or, in Paul’s words, clothes me with Him.

Without clothes I am naked. Without clothes I am unprotected and at the mercy of others and the elements. Clothing is important to me. Indeed, clothing is vital.

I can choose how I clothe myself. I can choose my protection and the means by which I keep healthy and safe. By my baptism I have chosen Jesus. He is the one who clothes me, the one in whom I am clothed.

Being clothed with Him, I am in direct contact and deep communion with Him. I am blessed with the greatest opportunity to assimilate Him into my own being, to love Him and learn from Him, to grow more like Him. With Jesus I join the sons of God. He is my big brother, guide and constant companion.






Dear Lord Jesus,

I embrace You. I extend my arms wide in surrender to You and ask You to overwhelm me. Clothe me completely in You. Let me know the sweetness of the closeness of You, for I cannot experience the intimacy of clothing without knowing the reality of an up-close relationship with You.

Thank You for cleansing me of sin, for washing me clean. I can only remain clean in You, so I press in. I look to You for daily feeding, for constant refining. I have a long way to go, yet I know You will lead me. I look forward to the journey. I thank You for this present stage in my life. I know You are with me and I rejoice. I go forward with You, in thankfulness and grace. Hallelujah! Praise Your Name.                                                                    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment