Tuesday 1 May 2012

Praying and asking


For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding.                       Col. 1.9



Paul prayed for the Colossians. I dare to pray for me. I yearn to be filled to overflowing with the knowledge of God’s will. I long to live in all spiritual wisdom and understanding. I desire to do only the will of God, to walk so closely to Him that I might be known, like Moses, as His friend or, as David, a man after God’s own heart.

The “heartbeat” of God must be wondrous to sense and to feel. I pray that my God will draw me close, that He will touch me and change me that I might feel His “heartbeat” and move forward in His will.







Lord God,

Paul prayed for the Colossians, but I pray for myself. I echo Paul’s prayer. I ask You to fill me with the knowledge of Your will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. I yield myself to You. I surrender and ask that You take control.

My prayer is that I may constantly, and continually, meet with You and walk closer with You. I ask You to change me to be more in touch with You, to know a deeper intimacy.

Hear me, my dear Lord. Draw me to You. Reveal Yourself to me. May I know You as Moses and David knew You? May I be used by You as they were? May I serve You for all of my life?

I thank You for the many wondrous things You bring forth in my life. I rejoice in Your grace and mercy, Your strength and empowering.

Take me, please. Enjoy me greatly. Use me mightily, in Jesus’ name I ask.               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment