Friday 25 May 2012

Not what I will


“Abba, Father,” he said, “everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will.”                          Mark 14.36


Indeed everything is possible for God. There is absolutely nothing that He cannot do, and this is so for the believer when it is God’s choice. Jesus knew what lay before Him and He did not relish His role in His humanity. Yet His commitment to the Father was stronger than his concern for Himself. Whilst He cried out for the painful cup to be taken from him, He further acknowledged God’s will in place of His own.

I do not know what is ahead of me but I want God’s will to be unfolded and outworked in my life. My simple desire is to do what He would have me do. I pray that I am available to Him for this. I pray for the removal of any barriers.






Lord God,

I so want to do Your will and to live in the fullness of Christ in me.

I offer myself to You and ask You to remove any deception that may exist in my thinking, and to break down and break through any barriers that might be separating me from You. I do not know what lies ahead and I do not concern myself with this, for I place my trust firmly in You. Again, I ask you to remove any hindrance to this.

My Lord Jesus trusted You implicitly and saw His sole purpose as to do Your will. Dear Lord, I seek to follow Jesus in this. I bring myself near to You. I wait for You to come near to me.

Everything and anything is possible for You. This excites me. I claim the promise also that I can do all things in you. I ask You to strengthen my faith to believe that You will do those things I know you can do. I ask to see signs and wonders and miracles. I come to You, asking these things in the Name of Jesus.                                                                               Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment