Wednesday 23 May 2012

Prepare


Therefore, prepare your minds for action; be self-controlled; set your hope fully on the grace to be given you when Jesus Christ is revealed.        1 Peter 1.13







Lord, I ask You to show me how You want me to receive and to act on this Scripture. I see it as an exhortation to be mentally ready to go forward, but not to jump the gun. I am to be prepared but I must look and listen for You.

The direction will come from You and not from any move that I might seek to instigate in order to control the situation. There is also hope, a great hope that I need to manifest in my life and in my living. The hope I shall try to live by is a living hope in the wonderful grace that will be given to me when Jesus is revealed. He has already been partially revealed to me and so I live in that hope. Yet I am also going to grow in Him and, as I grow, so also will that hope and grace grow in me. And it will peak when Jesus returns and then I shall know the fullness of His grace, and I will live and abide completely in it.

Dear Lord, this is my first understanding and interpretation of this Scripture. As I travel through this day I ask You to minister Your truth of these words to me. Mould and modify, if necessary, my present understanding. Lead me to a place of knowing what You want me to know in this. And please grow me in You. I pray that I will grow today in hope and in grace. And I pray that Your revelation to me will be most powerful.

I pray also that I will meet with You in wonder and in awe. Let me praise and glorify You in holy delight. I ask this in Jesus’ name.                                        Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment