Monday 7 May 2012

Building


But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. Keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.                           Jude 20,21


There is so much helpful instruction all through the Bible. Jude reminds us that we can exercise initiative to build ourselves up. We will grow in the most holy faith as we give ourselves over, praying in the Holy Spirit.

God’s love is freely available to us. We can demonstrate our receiving and understanding of God’s love by extending love to our fellow beings. Jesus commanded us to love. If we truly love God we will freely love others and willingly keep all the commandments of the Lord. Whilst we do this we are waiting for Jesus, in His mercy, to bring us into eternal life. But we do not merely sit and wait, we live in Him, and love in Him.






Lord God,

Thank You for your grace, mercy and love. I receive Your love and look to share it freely.

I pray for others. I pray for those who say they know You, that they might know You more. I pray for the multitudes that don’t know You and my prayer is for many workers to go out into the harvest field and take the message. I pray for an abundant harvest.

Lord, mighty God, hear my prayer for the world. Let them know the good news of the gospel. I pray for the salvation of nations. Draw them to You, Lord. Bring them by the million into the kingdom.

I know what it is to belong to You. I pray for all those who don’t know You, that You would turn them around. Save them, Lord, in Jesus’ name I ask.                                Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment