Friday 11 May 2018

Rest and peace

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and  I will give you rest."                 Matt.11.28


There hasn't been a posting for a day or two because there is nothing major to report. On the medical front, I met with my GP yesterday but this was merely catch up after my discharge from hospital. I also had a blood test which, hopefully, will show that my liver function is back to normal.

I an now at home for a few days and enjoying the rest and peace that comes with familiar surroundings, friendly faces and small touches of familiarity, caring, and even luxury. Last night I enjoyed the most wonderful sleep.

Hospital is not a place for rest. Being involved with several disciplines (brain, heart, cancer), I seemed to be constantly attended upon, examined and tested, and subject to countless questions. It really is joyous to be home and free of the constant, albeit caring, attention.

My cottage never looked so good or appealing. I plan to overdo my own hospitality in the next few days. Already I see the benefits of relaxation, of knowing that I am in a safe, warm, comfortable and affirming place.

My body is presently in a state of disorganisation. I am grateful that my mind is intact, my emotions seem healthy and my mental functions appear unimpaired.

But my highest delight is in my spirit. I know He is with me in this. He has told me so. At the start of this particular personal journey, I experienced God's assurance that He would be with me, and all would be well. And so it is!

I sense that a time of rest and peace is significant in the moves ahead. Not only do I feel rested, but I sense that I (my body) is also being prepared for the chapter that begins on Monday. Jesus has beckoned me to come to Him. I duly come; I lean on Him and, hopefully, I learn from Him. Best of all, in this present time, I receive His peace. He has given it to me, and I have taken it in full measure. The peace of Jesus is lasting and strong; it gives comfort and hope. It does not lie. If anything changes, it is likely that I moved. Even so, I can easily regain His rest.  



Lord Jesus,
I thank You for the gift of peace. I thank You also for the rest that attends me in these days. Rest and peace are the order of the day, which I gladly receive. I give myself into Your most wonderful benefits. Thank You.    Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment