Tuesday 29 May 2018

My heart

“ … let us draw near with a sincere heart…”                                                          Heb. 10.22


God is after my heart and how I yearn to give it to Him. My heart gives me away. The true essence of who I am is found in my heart. God sees me in my heart. I believe that my heart is sold out to God. How I want to give Him all of me. Sadly, my head still gets in the way from time to time. My head holds me in the world when my heart seeks to free me to soar into the heavenlies.

It is my heart that will draw me to God. As I fix the desire of my heart upon Him, as I seek Him with all my heart, I believe He will draw me to Him. His love and His joy will enter into my heart and spread from the heart into every part of me. O joy! Hallelujah! Praise God!



Lord God,
I give You my heart. My heart is filled with a longing, a desire to be totally consumed by You. I surrender completely to You.
I offer You also my head, for I know that my head sometimes gets in the way of my heart coming to You in fullness. My head leads me astray in directions I do not want to go. Help me, Lord. Strengthen and enable me to take every thought captive to the Lord Jesus. My prayer is that Jesus would be Lord of all of me, Lord of my mind ad thinking, my heart and emotions, my body and behaviour, my conscience and right doing, and my spirit and my communion with You. 
Come, Lord Jesus. Take me. I offer myself in total surrender to You.
I draw near with a sincere heart. I open up all the depths of my heart to receive Your Holy presence. I come to You. Take me, in Your precious name I ask.               Amen.






No comments:

Post a Comment