Wednesday 2 May 2018

My Vision

Then the LORD replied:
“Write down the revelation and make it plain on tablets so that a herald may run with it.
For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false.
Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay.”                   Hab. 2.2,3


I believe Habakkuk is talking of a prophet’s vision when God speaks of a revelation. And God’s direction to one when He reveals the vision is that it should be written down.

I can still recall the Bible college lecture of many years ago when the speaker spoke boldly to his listeners with the words: “You need a vision; you need to write it down, and you need to live to its fulfilment. If you don’t have a vision, you need to get one – fast!”

I remember thinking, “I should give up now. I have no idea what my vision might be, and I really don’t know where to get one. I’m here in Bible college simply because I want to know God more. If He chooses to do something with this, it’s up to Him.” 

God did something, and a most wonderful journey in ministry opened up for me. Some years later, when in full time ministry, I found myself sitting at my desk one morning and writing down “My Vision” with the utmost ease and simplicity. The words flowed, and when I reflected upon them, I realised that My Vision had been there all the time.

My Vision still holds today.

My vision is to draw others closer to Christ. I yearn to show people more of Jesus – to show them His love and compassion, His mercy and care, His strength and faithfulness, His comfort and peace.
I want to encourage people to lean on Him and learn from Him, to want to be like Him.
I’d like to teach them principles of devotion and obedience to God’s word.
I’d like to share with them the joy of communion with Jesus, and the strength of living in spiritual maturity. I want to be a worshipper, and I want God to give me the ability to impart to others the desire to worship. 

My Vision fits well with the commission I believe God has given me to: “Tell my people I love them.”

My prayer is that God will give me the time and enabling to continue long in ministry to Him.         Amen.








No comments:

Post a Comment