Thursday 9 November 2017

Persevering

We have come to share in Christ if we hold firmly till the end the confidence we had at first.                                                                                                                            Heb. 3.14


This verse encourages me by presenting first the benefit of faith followed then by the condition that applies.

In a single word the condition is perseverance. By holding firmly to the initial confidence that comes with salvation, we are persevering. The flush of new life in the Spirit fills us with confidence. We know that nothing is impossible with God and we are encouraged that we can do all things in Christ. There is an exuberance with the new Christian that is wonderful to behold.

But this confidence can be readily and regularly challenged. Faith in Christ does not immunise us against the trials and hardships of this life. But it can fit us to stand strong. As we exercise our faith and take hold of the one who said He would never leave us nor forsake us, we are equipped to fight the battle – to victory.

And the victory is our glorious sharing in Christ. He is with us. We are united with Him. What an amazing and joyful situation this is! I join with the Almighty God. He takes me as a bosom companion.

I become united with my brothers and sisters in the faith. There may be times when, together, we are called to hold firm. We stand the ground, firm in the faith, and we share the joy of unity in and with Him.

I delight in God’s family. It is immense yet often seems to me to be so well connected. I am blessed to be part of it.



Holy God,
I thank You for the unity I have with You and with Your wonderful family. I pray for the strength to hold firm in You at all times.             Amen.







My book “God Talk” is available through major Internet booksellers.
A taste of the book's content can be seen in the You Tube clip
(Search: Peter Francis - "God Talk").


No comments:

Post a Comment