Wednesday 25 January 2017

Willing

“Or what woman having ten silver coins, if she loses one of them, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it.”                  Luke 15.8


The intent of this cameo in the Scriptures is primarily to reinforce the teaching of repentance and salvation, for Jesus again concludes with reference to the rejoicing in heaven over one repentant sinner.

I’m also seeing a second layer in this message, and this is the preservation by the woman of her resources. She possesses ten silver coins but misplaces one of them. And she does not rest until she finds the lost coin, and her fund is kept, or restored, intact.

I see a parallel between the coins and the talents and giftings God gives to us. He blesses us with abilities to reach and touch people as Jesus would, and to minister to them in His name. We have a duty not only to keep intact the abilities and giftings that God gives us, but also to exercise them at every appropriate opportunity. God will open up the way for us. He will lead us through as we are willing, but the willingness must come from us.

I pray that I will be alert to every opening that comes. I do not want anyone to miss out on God’s blessing because of my tardiness or unwillingness. The gifts may be God’s but when He shares them with me, I have no course other than to use them, to exercise them, and pass on the blessing.





Dear Lord,

I thank You that You have drawn me into relationship with You and blessed me with gifts. I make myself fully available to You to freely exercise the gifts You have given me. Lead me as You will. May I be ever willing to follow. Hallelujah!              Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment